“Remember you can't begin to personalize learning if you do not include students' identities at the forefront of your work.“
Dawn is a Reading Specialist at Barrington Middle School in Barrington, Rhode Island. She has over thirty years of experience in elementary and middle school teaching. She is excited to be a Fuse Fellow because she has the chance to learn about the potential of personalized learning from her colleagues and other districts. Her educator superpower is the ability to synthesize or integrate initiatives, which means her kryptonite is the layering of district initiatives.
- Started a blog called "Literacy in the Middle"
- Trained all teachers at Barrington MS in choice boards and playlists
- Conducted a book club as a deeper dive on UDL practices and personalization
- Became National Board Certified in Literacy
- Co-taught in a lab classroom implementing UDL and personalized practices in ELA
MY FUSE RI PROJECThttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1YY3CgBd5HU3D-ATMleJ3AXw8P2CTdK-i/view?usp=sharing
Read project description